Thursday, November 01, 2007

Fred Agland 15th February 1917 - 28th October 2007



Thanks Janine. Your flowers are lovely. And your thoughts beautiful.

Farva died peacefully on Sunday morning after a short illness. His funeral today was simple and we had a chance to share memories of this beautiful man's life with lots of relatives and old family friends.

The minister summed up Farva's life as a life full of random acts of kindness. A truer summing up of his character you'll not find.

Anyway, now he is with Grandma, being bossed around as in life! Ah, fond memories.

Cheers girls, a drink to the Agland generation that was!

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Janine said...

That's so beautiful. I'm sitting here crying at work!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Actually I toned it down, rewrote what I really wanted it to say. I was crying too when I wrote it.

I really feel grown up now. Mostly I'm OK with that but sometimes I'd just love to go back to being 12 and spending warm Saturday afternoons hanging out at their place. Now I have to make sure I recreate that for my kid/s.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Janine said...

Yes, I remember how much your grandparents meant to you and how much they cared and looked out for you.
You are also so wonderful for looking after them when they needed it most in their life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home