Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm back...with an update




Hi guys,


Well, after being told by J in no uncertain terms that I had to make contact with you guys or else, I felt I must!


Quite a bit has been happening but firstly I'll give you an update on my recent holiday. Late June I spent five days at Gwinganna, which is a 'lifestyle retreat' in the Gold Coast hinterland. Beautiful spot in the mountains, with views out over the coast. I will include some photos for you to check out.


It was a fabulous experience and it's led to me making lots of life changes. I've been eating organically and in a way that means you feel really comfortable after eating, rather than bloated and heavy. So I'm eating lots of wholefoods and have cut out caffeine, chocolate (don't faint), sugar and dairy. Some of these I'll start eating again after a break. There was also lots of exercise like bushwalks, pilates, yoga, gym sessions, tribal dance. It was also a great 'mind' and 'soul' experience. You learnt to listen to your body and be more in-tune with stuff generally. They also emphasised how important it is to take time for yourself and meditate, breath properly and think positively. It is probably the biggest life changing experience I've had. And I've lost a few kgs as well so it was well worth the money!!


2 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Janine said...

You've turned into some sort of hippy!! No wonder you can't use technology!!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Mariví said...

I think what you are doing is great!! I've always wanted to do something like that (don´t know about quitting on dairy and choclates!). The closest I been to that is yoga, which is great, but my problem is that I can't keep it up constantly. Please keep us informed on how you lifestyle improves!!! It might be contagious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home